The mission of the Product Analysis Group is to provide high-quality analysis in a timely manner to support new product introductions, continuous improvements, and resolution of any customer issues.
The Product Analysis Group provides nondestructive and destructive electrical and physical data on products throughout their life cycle. This data is used to drive corrective actions and generate continuous improvement in all RFMD processes.Keeping with RFMD’s policy, all of our products are thoroughly analyzed to make sure they adhere to our strict standards and expectations of offering only the best products to our customers.
RFMD Product Analysis Locations
RFMD possesses three main laboratories worldwide that are capable of product analysis down to the component level.
- Greensboro, N.C. (Corporate headquarters)
- Beijing, China
Process Flow for Product Returns for Failure Analysis (RFA)
- Electrical Verification
- X-Ray Analysis
- Scanning Acoustical Microscopy
- Cross Sectioning
- Circuit Modification
- Transmission Electron Microscopy
How to Return a Product for Analysis
How to request a Return for Failure Analysis (RFA):
- Customer should contact RFMD Customer Service, Sales, or Customer Quality Engineer (CQE) for Return Request or Technical Assistance.
- A web link to an electronic RFA questionnaire form is then provided to Customer to obtain detailed information on the problem.
- Customer should complete and submit RFA questionnaire form. The RFMD database will be automatically updated with failure information.
- RFMD CQE will review failure information and initiate one or more of the following actions:
- Apps engineering contacts customer to provide technical assistance
- Request approved and RFA tracking number is assigned
- Request to customer for additional information
- Once the request is approved, the customer will be electronically notified and provided the RFA tracking number and shipping information for returning parts for analysis.
For additional information on returning product for analysis, please refer to our Process for Product Returns for Failure Analysis.